Our review of our 24 Hours of Lemons Race at NJMP’s Lightning Track
Our 2019 NJMP Lightning Race Review with the 24 Hours of Lemons series includes:
- Quick review of the Lightning track Review
- Alan’s many visits to the Black flag area this weekend
- We had a few self-induced incidents and a few outside influences during the race
- It was Kate’s first race
- Podcast Reviews finally, Thank you.
- Arrival with two not fully working cars set us back for the weekend and we really never caught back up
- Shout out once or twice to Judge Craigers
- We had a few issues with the Cars, mostly because we came with not fully finished cars
- Jennifer was in a tunnel during the episode
Car highlights included Speedy Cop’s new Aquarium via 2 AMC Pacers, the Big Bad Caddy and “Wurst Shifter” pit vehicle, Race Bar Car, Godzilla, the new Three Pedal Mafia race car, Matt’s new Surfin’ Bird T-Bird, Mom Rocket team for keeping that grassy spot very clean all weekend, The racing Hudson, and the Sunbeam.
- Many shout outs to all the teams there, we only mentioned a few of them, but everyone was great.
- We were passed by many if not all of you who were there,
- Track was easier but aggression was higher
- What should be our team penalty for getting black flags? Any suggestions welcomed. Please leave a comment.
- We end with our traditional Good, Bad, and the Ugly, as well as what did we learn from this event.
- Kate kept up with Black Betty for 5 laps! It would have been slightly more impressive if they weren’t yellow flag laps, lol.
- We all also learned how to fill a hot tub with a pickup truck
Our results from NJMP were that El Jeffe/The Hombre/The Race Truck finished 60th overall out of 133 and 25th in B out of 68 cars with a fastest lap of 1:29.082. The SpiderStang finished 105th overall and 49th in B with a fastest lap 1:36.75 by our guest driver Matt who does not want to drive it any more, lol.