All About the Shifting Points Podcast and Hosts
We are enthusiastic podcast listeners and found a podcast hosted by our guests called Shifting Points. Their podcast is also aimed at helping people get started in our sport. Luckily, they approach it from the perspective of autocross, so we haven’t lost our entire audience to them, yet. Since we all share the same passion, we had to invite them onto our podcast and talk all things cars and driving. They are a great group of ladies and we will be going up to an autocross event with them this season and plan on doing our best to get them into endurance racing. Why should it be an « or » when it can be an « and ». “And” is so much more fun. Please welcome Kathy, Jess, and Audra to the podcast.
You can subscribe to our podcast on the podcast provider of your choice, including the Apple podcast app, Google music, Amazon, and YouTube etc.
Also, if you could give us a 5-star rating or a podcast review, we would greatly appreciate it and it would help us to grow the passion and sport of high performance driving.
For instance, leaving an Apple Podcast rating is very easy. If you go to your podcast library, under shows and click on the podcast you can leave a (5?) star rating and enter your review.
On this episode’s Dominating with Dawson
We go into two types of drivers that we see, those that tend towards overdriving their car and those that tend to underdrive their car. If you are learning or instructing a driver, it is useful to see how to best approach driving improvement by understanding the differences between these two personality approaches to high performance driving. It is also useful to see how the other half lives and learns. Neither is right or wrong and both approaches can learn to be really fast. The only difference is in the path that they tend to follow and the way they increase their speed.
We hope you enjoy this episode!
PS Please don’t forget that if you are looking to add an Apex Pro to your driving telemetry system, don’t forget to use our discount code for all Apex Pro systems you will receive a free Windshield Suction Cup Mount for the system, a savings of $40. Just enter the code “ghitlikesapex!” when you order. We have two systems for our team and Bill is looking to add a third for this season, pending CFO approval from Vicki. They are a great system and truly invaluable in safely increasing your speed on track and/or autocross etc.
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights from this episode include:
- 1) It seems our two podcasts have almost the exact same taste in cars. Seems like a future autocross battle in the making. Hopefully, this summer. Probably wise to place your bets on the Shifting Points podcast team for a clean sweep victory.
- 2) We go through the history of how our ladies started autocross driving, met each other and how this eventually ended up with them starting a podcast together.
- 3) Both podcasts started out knowing little about fixing and working on a car and have progressed rapidly with help from car friends and YouTube.
- 4) We review how to enter an autocross local to you, where to find them, and what is involved. The barrier to entry is as close to zero as any type of driving event. Autocross is a great way to get a taste for high performance driving with almost any car and very little risk, cost, and prep required.
- 5) Tons of Mini stories. Apparently, Mini’s have feelings. Lol.
- 6) Both groups go into why we started podcasting and some of the benefits and growing pains involved.
- 7) It took a bit of time, but we eventually did make our move to convince them to try endurance racing. Vicki was less than subtle, but did you really expect anything else from us by now? It may end up with an all-female driver GHiT team this year. Bill will have to be relegated to sous chef for the weekend and let the talented drivers show their stuff.
- 8) We mined for a few tips and tricks from the Shifting Points podcast team to starting up and entering your first autocross event. Autocross is truly accessible to everyone interested in having fun in a car. Most of the prep is for the driver’s comfort with the weather and food. Your car is probably already good to go as it is, but getting it checked over may be a good idea. Well, you will likely have to clean out your car, but that is usually a good thing, especially for our cars. Lol.
- 9) Kathy and Bill share a certain talent related to torquing lug nuts. Stories were shared. Hopefully, they will both grow out of it soon. Lol.
- 10) Tips on how to find any autocross events within the area you live or may be visiting. Also, if concerned, the autocross events are classed by car and many times there are classes for first time/new drivers.
- 11) Audra’s tap root car story broke Kathy
- 12) Jess just released an album with her band. It would be great to hit the top hundred list with the latest release from The Strattones! It might even pay for her next autocross event.
- 13) Jen asks her next question while on mute. Eventually she figured it out, lol.
- 14) Kathy may have discovered a way to get red wine out of cloth seats with a combination of red wine and Diet Coke. Try at your own discretion.