Adam Jabaay is a co-founder of the GridLife series and was kind enough to come onto our program to talk about GridLife and his driving and racing history. We were told by several people at the track that we needed to attend a GridLife event and after doing some homework and talking with Adam, we agree. The series is a mix of high level racing, HPDE, drifting, and a huge social aspect in the paddock. We may need to take a vacation after the event to recuperate, lol. You can find more info on GridLife at the website: https://www.grid.life/ and we are anxiously waiting for the 2021 schedule to finalize our plans. Also, please follow Adam on his podcast that is nearing 400 episodes, we are way behind.
We cover all the apexes on this episode of Dominating with Dawson. If you were ever curious, we not only go into the different jargon/labels for apexes but what they mean and why they are where they are. No mathematical geometry, nor proofs required.
We hope you enjoy this episode!
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights from this episode include:
1) Norm Abrams reference number one for our podcast, but that would be a WOOT episode.
2) We recorded post the GridLife event at NOLA and Adam was still recovering, unpacking, and finding what he left at the track. His phone battery did make it all the way through the episode though.
3) How the Slip Angle podcast is the platform for communicating to the GridLife paddock and future paddock.
4) Adam also covers a lot of the history of GridLife and the eternal question: What is GridLife and what happens on a GridLife weekend. Remember the first rule: it stays at GridLife. We are hoping to attend the Gingerman event if it is during the summer when school is out.
5) Sprint Races? Check. HPDE? Check. Time Attack? Yep. Drifting? Check. Concerts? You bet. Post-race weekend hangover included free of charge.
6) What is GLTC? How it became what it is? How to build a car for it? It’s all in here. Once class to rule them all.
7) What is the Time Attack event? What cars and levels/classes are available? Where would your car fit? A summary is here, but likely you should review the rule book for final classing determination.
8) What is a festival event vs a normal weekend?
9) How does drifting fit into the weekend? What types of drifting events do they hold?
10) How GridLife can have several thousand spectators at these events.
11) How the first ever tandem drifting competition went at NOLA? How someone can drift through turn 12 at Road Atlanta or even through the esses?
12) Can we hope to see an endurance type event at GridLife? Asking for a friend.
13) GridLife iRacing? Yep. Also, GridLife has been on Forza. Adam and the team are even working on a festival type event, perhaps even for this off season.
14) Tips and tricks for attending a GridLife event. Stay at the track. Come with a car already prepared. Sleep the week before.
15) You can’t have Adam Jabaay on a not discuss RV’s. So, we did. And his latest exploits going down to NOLA. Trailer hub maintenance is a real thing.
16) The weirdest recommendation to buy Koni shocks ever.