We have had a few guests requested and here is one of them, Johan Samanta is a driver that started endurance racing over a decade ago. In his real life, he is a Neurologist and at the track, he may need one, lol. Johan travels across US to races from his home in Phoenix. We last raced with him at the Lucky Dog race Charlotte Roval August 2020 and a great time was had by all. Johan also shared many of the things he has learned in his racing career and we discuss many of the reasons to race beyond “winning”. You can save a ton of money by learning from others. In addition, we have a special F&F Storytime question guest for this episode: The GD Yo Man!
On our Dominating with Dawson, we go into dealing with the marbles around the track (as well as what the marbles are). We also provide a tremendous method to learn or teach where the flag stations are at a new to you track. Special thanks to Robin Burnett for showing us how.
We hope you enjoy this episode!
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and
Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights from this episode include:
1) How does a Neurologist end up needing one, oops, we mean how did Johan get started in racing and a lot of his racing history to this point and how he has changed his racing over the years.
2) We go over Johan’s first ever race with Lucky Dog at the Charlotte Roval where we were literally sharing the garage with their team, and tools, and parts, and shave ice, and…. Cathy and the Lucky Dog team get two more thumbs up!
3) Bill simply cannot rests making a Ricky Bobby quote. Honestly, we are surprised it took this long.
4) The places to save money, as well as the places not to, like safety equipment. We also provide several cautionary tales regarding poor or counterfeit safety equipment.
5) Johan also goes into several other “bad” ideas that are so bad that they are good ideas for a Lemons race. Some of them are things like eastern European racing cars, adding turbos, and several others. How hard could it be? Actually, these will likely make endurance racing even a bit harder.
6) Pit strategy, tips, best practices, and goals and other “free” ways to save time on the track.
7) We then go into a prioritization of ways to improve your driver and, if you must, your car.
8) This is the episode if you ever wanted to learn how to endurance race a Super Beetle. Boy, that search string is not going to increase our Google search results for this episode, lol.
9) Our second guest comes in at around 59 minutes. Vicki and Jen were less than prepared for THE GD Yo Man!!!!! That is Mr. Yo Man to you. After this, you will know the Yo Man much better, probably better than you ever wanted. Lol.
10) I think Jennifer is still broken from this interview.