On this week’s podcast, we finally “met” with Dillon Brennan also known as EJ2 Track Rat after missing each other multiple times at the last Watkins Glen HPDE event. While he is an accomplished driver and instructor, he started EJ2 Track Rat to help raise awareness to everyone that they can also get out on track and enjoy our great sport with a low budget. You can follow him on his Instagram account and his blog, and soon on his YouTube channel.
1) Dillon’s driving history within autocross, HPDE, and wheel to wheel racing (so far)
2) We interview a parrot for the first time
3) Honda engine codes and chassis codes aplenty, so if you are playing scrabble or battleship, feel free to try to use these random letters and numbers
4) How he has found ways to get onto the track and learn with a small budget (one less excuse for everyone). Things like working events for future credits, SCCA Track Night of America, etc. and the beginning of their “Lobuk” initiative
5) One way not to get a college test delayed for a track day
6) What is Honda Challenge series and how much fun can be had in this form of wheel to wheel racing
7) Bill shows off his Honda engine code prowess, or lack thereof, several times.
8) We compare notes on potential ways to paint and theme your car’s livery, including a new one to us, Sharpie paint pens
9) What is EJ2 Track Rat and what they are involved in currently and future goals
10) The importance of a support group of friends and family towards making this a successful and very achievable activity for nearly everyone
11) We review all of our favorite tracks and also get a brief walkthrough of Lime Rock from Dillon
12) Vicki complains about the deer, again.
We end with a plea for help with our Porsche Boxster and its ability to break every slave cylinder we can find. Any thoughts or options are greatly appreciated.
If you want to follow along with Dillon and the EJ2 Track Rat’s, you can follow them at:
EJ2_Track_Rat on Instagram.
Bill, Vicki, and Alan
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training podcast
and team members in the GHiT
Immature Endurance Racing Team