GHIT Podcast Episode #193 with our guests The Semi Sentient Centenarians Racing Team
The Semi Sentient Centenarians are a relatively new endurance racing team that are in the midst of an engine swap for their 1996 front wheel drive Buick Century A-body. Their team started much like every other team, including ours, and in their case they can blame Matthew, lol. They are a great bunch of guys learning as they go and trying to come up with the magical plan to dominate the C division of an upcoming race. They are another example of a group of people who were interested in racing but never thought it was possible or knew how to get started so they just jumped in and tried it and the hook was set. While we discussed their planned engine swap, we also had the opportunity to check back in the next week to see how the plan went. This is one team we can’t wait to check back in with at the end of a full race season. So we didn’t wait and added an update on the engine swap progress and project prognosis.
On this episode’s Dominating with Dawson, we
go into the topic of what is a money shift and then once we define what a money shift is, we then go into several different types of shifting and shifting issues that you may encounter with a manual transmission. If you aren’t driving a manual transmission, at least the segment should be entertaining.
You can subscribe to our podcast on the podcast provider of your choice, including the Apple podcast app, Google music, Amazon, and YouTube etc.
Also, if you could give our podcast a (5-star?) rating or even better, a podcast review, we would greatly appreciate it and it would help us to grow the passion and sport of high performance driving.
For instance, leaving an Apple Podcast rating is very easy. If you go to your podcast library, under shows and click on the podcast you can leave a (5?) star rating and enter your review.
A link to the episode is: https://tinyurl.com/SemiSentCent
We hope you enjoy this episode!
PS Please don’t forget that if you are looking to add an Apex Pro to your driving telemetry system, don’t forget to use our discount code for all Apex Pro systems you will receive a free Windshield Suction Cup Mount for the system, a savings of $40. Just enter the code “ghitlikesapex!” when you order. We have two systems for our team and Bill is looking to add a third for this season, pending CFO approval from Vicki. They are a great system and truly invaluable in safely increasing your speed on track and/or autocross etc.
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights from this episode include:
1) We learn how their team started, developed, and became the team and drivers that they are today. One thing that they did well was to talk to other Lemons and experienced endurance racing teams to accelerate their teams learning.
2) The team’s racing philosophy is very simple: Podium/Top 3. So far, so good in the one race to date. Lol.
3) The stories of what they did and what they learned at their first race is tremendous. It sounds like they truly jumped in the deep end of the pool with their first race being a ture 24 hour race at CMP. It sounds like some of the Racing 101 series would have helped them. It looks like we were only one year too late. However, they did win the IOE at their first race so who are we to say anything?
4) We walk through the logic of their upcoming engine swap and whether this is a good plan. It sounded great, and then the turbo plan kicked in. Luckily they have a full five weeks to get this done before their race at Sebring. How hard could it be?
5) Bill even resorted to math, but the +40 HP plan seems to be set in stone.
6) We then check back in after the weekend to get an update on the progress and the prognosis.