GHIT 0239: Jaime Garcia from the Race FF Pod
Jaime Garcia started the Race FF Podcast to share with everyone his racing and building progress and to help everyone get started in racing by showing them that it can be done. Since we have essentially the same goals, it was natural to have him on the podcast. As his podcast title indicates, Jaime races a Front engine Front wheel drive in both HPDE, time trials, and wheel to wheel. His current target is competing in Honda Challenge in southern California. Further parallels between the podcasts is that his fiancé has recently begun sharing the car and working towards her racing goals. This episode was recorded live from the road on his recent trip back from having his car caged in Washington.
If you would like to help the podcast,
You can subscribe to our podcast on the podcast provider of your choice. This includes the Apple podcast app, Google music, Amazon, and YouTube etc. Also, if you could give our podcast a (5-star?) rating. Even better, a podcast review. We would greatly appreciate it and it would help us to grow the passion and sport of high performance driving.
For instance, leaving an Apple Podcast rating is very easy. If you go to your podcast library, under shows and click on the podcast. There you can leave a (5?) star rating and enter your review.
We hope you enjoy this episode!
PS Please don’t forget that if you are looking to add an Apex Pro to your driving telemetry system, don’t forget to use our discount code for all Apex Pro systems you will receive a free Windshield Suction Cup Mount for the system, a savings of $40. Just enter the code “ghitlikesapex!” when you order. They are a great system and truly invaluable in safely increasing your speed on track and/or autocross etc. The recently released second generation systems and app increases the capability of the system greatly.
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights from this episode include:
1) We confirm that both podcasts will be racing very similar 1993 Honda Civic’s next year but Bill doesn’t know as much as he should about ours. Glad Jaime was here to help us know our own car, lol.
2) A surprise guest bird flew into his window during the episode, actually our second guest bird. It must be something to do with Honda Challenge racing that we aren’t familiar with. We will need to talk to podcast guest and friend EJ2 Track Rat or more details.
3) Jaime discusses one of the often overlooked benefits of instructing drivers in that it helps the instructor as a driver as well, often in very different ways than when they are driving.
4) Jaime also discusses his transition from HPDE student, to time trial racer and instructor, to wheel to wheel racer into his upcoming Honda Challenge debut.
5) We also discuss several ways to minimize the expenses related in getting started, even if you have no car and almost zero money.
6) Jaime helps Jennifer with potential options for her HPDE and learning to wrench and daily driver car hunting. Any guesses? Who knows, maybe Jennifer will actually listen to this episode. Lol.