Endurance Racing Team
aka Aaron finally surrenders and agrees to come on
We finally broke Aaron down and he agreed to come onto the podcast with the rest of the Saabs of Anarchy team that we race with in many of our endurance races. They started racing in Lemons many years ago and each have had several Saabs for street use and for some reason they all thought it would be a good vehicle to endurance race. Stephen and Ryan recently started a podcast called The Autoholic Podcast. They are a great group of guys who enjoy racing and seeing what they can make a Saab survive (an impressive 8,000 racing miles and still counting). They also theme pretty hard. The team consists of the brothers Aaron and Stephen Diamond, Josh Tamarkin, Ryan Abranovic, and Don âThe Saab Wizardâ Rowe.
The podcast and blog can be found at: https://www.the-autoholic.com/
On this episode of Dominating with Dawson, we discuss the concept of leaving escape routes which is useful on the track and possibly even more so on public roads.
We hope you enjoy this episode!
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and
Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights from this episode include:
1) We cover how the team originated and how they came to race Saabs and continue to add to the race car fleet, all still Saabs.
2)Â In this episode, you also get a peak behind the counter on how we âmake the sausageâ. When Vicki reads a note on the Google Doc as a question to our guests.Â Yes, it is official, we are still in training, lol.
3)Â How the team developed the âSaabs of Anarchyâ moniker (without ever watching the show). And how their themes have continued to develop over the intervening years.
4) Vicki exercises her inner bulldozer, again.
5) Some great stories from their teams first race and several other notable races, including a recent true 24-hour race in Houston with Travis Pastrana in the field.
6) A 1993 car is referred to as a vintage car. We are officially old. Lol.
7) Prepare to be besieged by the various Saab models through the years. Your Google Fu may need to be put to the test in this episode if you aren’t already indoctrinated into the Saab family of vehicles.
8) We can’t help but pick on The Autoholic podcast for not being on iTunes Podcast network, but it is now so you can subscribe at almost everywhere podcasts are available.