Julian Cordle is our guest for this episode and celebrate Blursday!Â Julian races with the Snow Speeder Pilots Association racing team that races on the west coast, one of the original Lemons teams from the inaugural Altamont race.Â The episode starts off with all of our usual professionalism and then, well really, who are we kidding.Â The alphabet is apparently still a challenge for us.Â Julian started with Lemons in 2012 after he first heard about the 24 Hours of Lemons on Jalopnik.Â He met his team on his driveway and immediately left for his first race two states away.Â We reminisce about his early days, setting Guinness Book of World Records records, and through to his latest Chrysler 300 race car build.
Dominating with Dawson covers what happens when you have a mistake on track and how to minimize the potential outcome.Â Ben also cites taking a peak at the professional racing driver Sandro Espinosa as a potential reference for how someone preemptively catches a car pre-slipping to avoid an issue.Â Also, Danica Patrick on how to prepare for a big hit when you can no longer avoid it.
Sample links discussed:
Sandro Espinosa at Road Atlanta
We really hope you enjoy the episode.
Bill, Vicki, Jennifer, and Alan
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training podcast and team members in the GHiT Immature Endurance Racing Team
1) His battery powered recliner that is faster than some of our race cars
2) How a man from Alaska grew into a low-cost endurance racer
3) Our first XR4TI makes an appearance on our podcast
4) Jen chimes in with her opinion on our teaching her how to drive a stick. Julian tops to with learning with a vehicle that “offered” electrical shock incentives.
5) How the 25 Hour at Thunderhill led into Race Cast
6) How he helped with organizing the world record that was set at a Lemons event in Thunderhill
7) What the overall process is of setting and getting recognized as a world record
8) Vicki starts off with “since you seem to be a person”, lol.
9) Several tips and tricks to help teams and drivers compete at the track, besides behind the wheel
10) White boards for at the track organization and how to use them to plan your race strategy
11) A BIG shout out to Randall Pinney and we all hope you are feeling better
12) Sonoma Raceway makes an appearance in the Good, Bad, and the Ugly segment.
13) 1989 Camero, ‘Nuff Said
14) We develop a new Lemons penalty, well sort of.
GHIT 0105: Julian Cordle is our Special Guest Driver to help us celebrate