Jeff Bloch aka âSpeedy Copâ was our guest for this weekâs podcast. We discussed Jeff and his teamâs history within racing and building some of the most memorable cars to race on a track of any type. Jeff and the Gang of Outlaws have been racing for more than a decade and have won 9 IOEâs and almost every other award in the 24 Hours of Lemons racing series, as well as success in most other series including Lucky Dog and AER. While most known for the design of the cars, some are also quite fast and we can remember fondly getting passed many times at our last NJMP race by an Aquarium car. His knowledge and detailed memory of each car is really astonishing. One day we would hope we could get to 10% of his teamâs level.
Speedy Cop and The Gang of Outlaws episode highlights include:
- How many of these cars come to be and eventually get built and raced
- Racing and Car History
- How did you choose your cars (Gallery Below)
- Bill has a design suggestion, which should likely be ignored for something even better
- How his team has changed over the years and how each member has continued to important even after they may have reduced their activity within the team and how Jaime, the amazing the team CFO is
- How to Rent and then Build a Lemons car for a weekend, from scratch and some of the other craziest things experienced since joining Lemonâs
- How does it feel to be a memorial award and still be alive?
- Structural options for adding features to cars
- Any Cars that got away?
- Dream car for road? For a race to start from?
- What car would you love to switch with that you have raced against?
- Thoughts on how you have done so far and tips for relatively new teams, mechanics, and/or drivers
- Our Traditional Good, Bad, and the Ugly
A Gallery of Many of The SpeedyCop creations
AMC Pacer Fishbowl/Aquarium
The best way to keep up with Jeff and the team is:
GHIT Podcast Episode 0091: Speedy Cop Jeff Bloch
Instagram at: SpeedyCop
YouTube channel: SpeedyCopVideos
Link to the Episode is:
Bill, Vicki, and Alan
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training podcast
and team members in the GHiT
Immature Endurance Racing Team