GHIT 0224: Our Race Review of Thompson 2021 – Part 1
Our ladies team came to Thompson and even though the entire prep week blew up in our face, the weekend as a whole went fantastically. Vicki and Jen go over some of the highs and lows of the race on this episode. We are hopeful for a part 2 with Audra and Elizabeth, and perhaps even Alan, to go over their thoughts on the weekend. The El Jeffe race truck stumbled a bit at the beginning of the weekend, but we were able to work through the problem eventually with a bit of help from our friends in the paddock and we may have solved the intermittent electrical problems that have popped up over this entire season. More to follow next week.
If you would like to help the podcast,
You can subscribe to our podcast on the podcast provider of your choice. This includes the Apple podcast app, Google music, Amazon, and YouTube etc. Also, if you could give our podcast a (5-star?) rating. Even better, a podcast review. We would greatly appreciate it and it would help us to grow the passion and sport of high performance driving.
For instance, leaving an Apple Podcast rating is very easy. If you go to your podcast library, under shows and click on the podcast. There you can leave a (5?) star rating and enter your review.
A link to the episode is: https://tinyurl.com/ThompsonPart1
We hope you enjoy this episode!
PS Please don’t forget that if you are looking to add an Apex Pro to your driving telemetry system, don’t forget to use our discount code for all Apex Pro systems you will receive a free Windshield Suction Cup Mount for the system, a savings of $40. Just enter the code “ghitlikesapex!” when you order. They are a great system and truly invaluable in safely increasing your speed on track and/or autocross etc. The recently released second generation systems and app increases the capability of the system greatly.
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights from Thompson 2021 Episode include:
1) We started with several of the prep debacles, for once they did not involve prepping the car, but unfortunately it involved just about everything else.
2) Since it was Audra’s first time racing wheel to wheel and Elizabeth’s first time in the truck, they thought it would be a good idea to get acclimated on the Friday practice.
3) Thankfully, this allowed us to start to work on the engine bogging issue. We go through the symptoms and what we tried to solve the issue. We may actually have found the true problem and we also ended up with a lot of spare parts.
4) Our generator issue continues and we aren’t sure if it is us or the rental RV’s. Do electrical problems only occur to teams that aren’t electrically literate? Asking for a friend.
5) We try to cover how the SpiderStang team of Alan, Bennet, Quinn, and Elazar went, but left a lot of the details out for a future episode with them.
6) Thoughts on the track walk and the track in general. The data shows that both Vicki and Jennifer made great strides during the race, each setting personal bests by several seconds. Jennifer may have even conquered her issues on the long straights. We will confirm at our next event.
7) Any guesses on how many black flags for the ladies?