With Spoilers aplenty
Spoiler filled and unedited podcast post everyone seeing the Captain Marvel movie at least once this weekend. It turns out that Benny was the closest in his prediction on our preview podcast last week. It turns out we all really liked it, even more than we had hoped and predicted on our show.
In this episode we discussed:
- Our initial rating of the movie
- Listener feedback from Jason H and El Jeffe and our thoughts of their opinions
- Bill gets tremendous bonus points for calling out the Right Stuff movie reference in the movie. Itâs almost like Babe Ruth calling his homerun shot. Well, not really, lol.
- Vicki is on the hunt for a Fonzie lunchbox to be used as us at the track first aid kit
- Captain Marvelâs Movie vs comic book history
- Cats vs Flerkenâs
- Ben Mendelsonâs acting and his role
- Soundtrack, nineties flashback and Vickiâs continued girl crush on Gwen Stefanie
- Stan Lee tributes and train cameo and Billâs eye leakage
- Our traditional the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly segment, scenes and actors/characters
- Benny stays true to his brand and gives his 6â 7â 13-year-old girl perspective on the movie
- Torrie Wilson WWE Hall of Fame election shout out and congratulations to her
- Vicki loves Carolâs FLEX towards Ronan the Accuser
- Benny seems to hate the Kree and continues his rant against Marvelâs movie villains
- Bill fights his base humor instincts not to make a pun about the Kree city of Halla -Halla at ya boys, etc.
- Benny and Bill and Vicki disagree about the Skrull portrayal in the movie, but it isnât a Mandarin level issue
- Vicki and Bill disagree about the portrayals of Annette Benning â roles redacted to minimize spoilers in description
- Bill is concerned over a potential block in the path to a future Secret Wars saga. Benny walks him back from the cliff a bit
- Captain Marvelâs powers and mixing into the MCU, especially relative to Thanos
- Avengers Endgame speculation
- Marvelâs MCU de-aging machine and its use of the time stone
- Samuel L Jackson and Nick Fury in the movie
- Bill wants a huge director cut with more Carol Danvers, Benny wants at least 15-20 minutes
- The end credit scenes and predictions for Avengers End Game
- Phase 4 speculation
- Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman comparisons, logically
- Avengers post End Game speculation
- Vicki changes her tune on Brie Larson and her portrayal of Captain Marvel
- Bill provides useless trivia on Brie Larsonâs training partner for the movie
- Benny is now looking at getting back into watching GLOW
We all agree, go see the movie for yourself. Donât let the reviews from reviewers with agendas keep you from a very solid entry in the Marvel MCU
And finally, the discussion you always wanted: Flerkens!!!
In the end, we all want a time stone to get to Avengers End Game ASAP. Can it come out early, please!!!!
PS Mr. Feige, we would accept any invitations to a critic screening.
If you missed our earlier preview, here is a link to it below.