Thank you to Chris and Chrissy
Alan, Zombie Vicki, and Bill go over our recent Friendsgiving Work Weekend with special guest from the Everyone Racers Podcast hosts, Chris and Chrissy who came up to guide, instruct, and assist us with several of our cars that, as always, need repair and improvements. Highlights to the discussion include:
1) Our two and a half Porsche 944’s that are available and soon to be posted for sale for HPDE or racing use.
2) Capri update and our updated plans going forward
3) Winter is here in Northeast PA and when the sun goes down, the temperature leaves the garage in a hurry
4) How we organize our garage for both parts and cars and how Chris helped Vicki determine what is good to keep and how to identify the unknown items we have collected since our race team started.
5) What parts are worth keeping and what parts have donated all they have to give
6) Alan’s hamster powered internet shows up again
7) Our plans for the new Honda race car project code name Godzuki
8) The difference between parts replacement projects and part fabrication projects
9) Our repair update of the race truck/El Chrissy/The Bad Hombre steering issues and exhaust leak and the potential for a power steering line cooler to be added
10) Our repair update of the BMW E36 race car
11) How many ignore the potential for their race car to be their own planetarium
12) Alan bonds with several local FLAPS in our area
13) We need a bunch of camber shims to fix our S-10
14) We have renamed our race truck due to this week.
15) Alan gives a visual description of suspension geometry
16) A discussion of our hubs and bearings for the E36 and transferring the brake cooling ducts to our other race cars
17) Vicki and Bill plan to go to a local race shop to see what is available for our use
18) Alan’s fall led to a broken jaw, so does disagreeing with Kate. You can choose which is the cover story and which is real.
19) Alan impersonates a BMW E36 while Chris was investigating our electrical wiring issues
20) Spare parts and supply at the track discussion
21) Vicki, pre-Zombie, and Bill received a welding lesson on our Miller 211 MIG welder and began the learning process in earnest
22) Vicki relates welding to her art background
23) Chris and Chrissy had a spare moment to test our Mazda MX-5 on the test track for a good shakedown run
24) Skid pad event discussion and planning for this winter/spring at Lime Rock
25) Car show Fails on YouTube, a worthwhile time waster
26) The best way to say thank you/bribe people to help you (Hint: Food, drink, and beer)
Special thanks, as always to Chris and Chrissy for coming up and helping. We learned a ton and accomplished quite a bit. We hope our bribes of food, drink, and racing were sufficient to lure you up again, hopefully soon.
If anyone wants a garage tour, we could put up a video (excuse the mess) on our YouTube channel. Just let us know.
Bill, Vicki, and Alan
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training podcast
and team members in the GHiT
Immature Endurance Racing Team